Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Someone's Falling Down: Music Will Save My Soul

Golden slumbers, but I cannot sleep. I know it's over, still I cling. I have no where else to go. It's over it's over it's over. You steal and she wants you to get caught, for she loves you for all you are not. Falling down.

Once there was a way to get back homeward. Sleep pretty darlin', do not cry...I will sing a lullaby. Oh, you're gonna carry that weight.

And the question is was I more alive then then I am now?

Sing me to sleep. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Sing me to sleep and then leave me alone.

I had a lover. I don't think I'll risk another these days. And if I seem to be afraid to live the life that I have made in song...it's just that I've been losing so long. Please don't confront me with my failures. I have not forgotten them.

I'd like to think that all of this constant interaction is just the kind of make you drive yourself away. Each simple gesture done by me is counteracted, and leaves me standing here with nothing else to say...

Waking up for breakfastBurning matchesTalking quicklyBreaking baublesThrowing garbageDrinking sodaLooking happyTaking pictures...So completely stupid. Just go away.

If you're wondering why all the love that you've longed for eludes you...I'll tell you why. You just haven't earned it yet baby.

You've got her in your pocket, where there's no way out.

Meaningless. You mean it's all been meaningless? Every whisper and caress, yes yes yes, it was totally meaningless. And if some dim bulb should say we were in love in some way kick all his teeth in for me, and if you feel like keeping on kicking feel free.

Your sorry eyes they cut through the bone. They make it hard to leave you alone. Baby you're a lost cause. I'm tired of fighting for a lost cause.

I listened in, yes, I'm guilty of this. You should know this. I brokedown and wrote you back before you had a chance to forget. Forgotten, I am moving past this giving notice I have to go. Yes, I know the feeling know you're leaving..I'll follow suit and laid out on my back, imagine that. A million hours left to think of you and think of that.

Change your heart. And look around you. Change your heart. It will astound you.

If she wants to dance and drink all night, well there's no one that can stop her. This night is gonna end when we're damn well ready for it to be over. Some people just aren't the type for marriage and family. We do what we do to get by, and then we need a release...no mother ever dreams that her daughter will grow up to sleep alone.

Girl, you'll be a woman soon.

We used to dance like it was going out of style, when you loved me for awhile. And I remember every word you ever said, and every kiss...All the sweetest things you said, and I believed were summer lies. Hanging in the willow trees, like the dead were summer lies. I'll never fall in love again...hiding in my room, wasting away...

I know it's over, and it never really began, but in my heart it was so real. And you even spoke to me, and said :"If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight ? And if you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very entertaining, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very good-looking, why do you sleep alone tonight? I know ...'Cause tonight is just like any other night, that's why you're on your own tonight. With your triumphs and your charms, while they're in each other's arms..."

It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate. It takes strength to be gentle and kind...Over, over, over, over...Love is natural and real but not for such as you and I, my love.

I didn't wanna hurt you baby, I didn't wanna hurt you, but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you baby, I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

**********************************
Yep. I love music. Still fucked.

No comments: